Verifying DSL Connectivity
Cisco modems below firmware version 2.4.6 a vulnerability to the CodeRed worm, this worm appeared about two years ago but Cisco 67x's are still affected by it. Here are some steps to take to prevent this from happening.
- Make sure the built in web server is disabled and the port changed:
cbos# set web disable
cbos# set web port 56789
- There is a software upgrade for the Cisco 675/678 available at Qwest's website.
- For a "quick fix" you can unplug the power to the Cisco for 30-40 seconds, then plug it back in, when the WAN lnk light goes solid try to browse the web
- If the WAN lnk light does not go solid that means your modem is not getting through to Qwest. Contact our technical support and we can contact Qwest with you for troubleshooting.
Intel modems use a software interface to connect/disconnect from the internet.
- Verify the driver installed is the "Bridged Ethernet (1483)" You can check this by going to the connection manager and clicking on the "Statistics" tab
- Make sure you are "connected" by checking the status page of the software,
- Try restarting your computer.
Actiontec Wireless-Ready DSL Gateway
We have seen the Actiontec modems sometimes lock up
- Try Power Cycling the modem
- Verify the configuration of the modem is correct, see our page on configuring the actiontec
- If the Internet light does not go solid that means your modem is not getting through to Qwest. Contact our technical support and we can contact Qwest with you for troubleshooting.