© Copyright 1995-2005
2402 University Ave. W.
St. Paul, MN 55114
(612) 617-0007 voice
(612) 623-3479 fax
Dialup Setup - Windows 95/98
This page will step you through manually setting up Win95/98 for Internet access to SCC.
- To begin To begin, double-click on the "My Computer" icon, and Dialup networking.
- Next, Double-click the "Make New Connection" icon.
- Type a name for this connection, "Sound Internet"
- Type the phone number for this connection, "556 6556" (area code 651) for Minneapolis/St. Paul calling area;
or "257-6333" (area code 651) Osceola, WI; or 465-1001 (area code 651) for our St Croix Falls customers
- Click the Finish Button
- Now, right click the "Sound Internet" icon that you just created inside the "Dialup Networking" folder, and select properties from the pop-up menu
Click the "Server Type" button or tab from your screen.
Remove the check-mark from the "Log into Network" item.
In the allowed network protocols area, remove the frist two, leaving only
- Now, click the TCP/IP settings button.
- Click "Specify name server addresses," and enter the Primary DNS number 220.127.116.11
| You are now finished with the setup of your Sound Internet Connection and ready to connect to the internet.