Filtering with Entourage
Entourage has several email filtering options
- Junk Mail Filter
- Mailing List Manager
Junk Mail Filter
In this window you can adjust the sensitivity of the filter Entourage uses to catch junk mail, If a person is listed in your address book their messages will never be marked as junk mail. Otherwise you can put a domain name in to the box below and anything from that domain will not get marked as junk mail (ex @scc.net) .
Mailing List Manager
The Mailing List Manager allows you to move all messages that come from a Mailing list (ex. a lyris list) to a specific folder,
- Click on new
- Specify the name for the mailing list rule
- Specify the email address the list comes from
- Specify where the list should go to
- click on add
- Rule Name
You Create the new rule based on certain conditions.
- Select the Conditions for your rule:
Execute if all criteria are met
Note: If you want only certain message to be subject to the filter select the appropriate Execute at this point you can also add a second Criterion
- Check Delete it
- Select what actions you want the rule to take
- Add additional actions if required
- Make sure Enabled is checked.
- Click OK