Mn GLBT Educational Fund Awards - General Info
- GLBT identified students who will be enrolled in a post-secondary program
- Planning to attend post-secondary program during the next academic year
- Not a prior Scholarship Fund award recipient
- A legal resident of Minnesota, or attending a Minnesota educational institution
Eligible post-secondary Academic Institutions
- G.E.D. programs
- Trade Schools or Technical Colleges
- Colleges or Universities (at undergraduate or graduate level)
Terms of the Awards
- Educational grants to be applied to tuition, books, fees, or dissertation expenses.
- Valid only for the next academic year.
Criteria for Judging Applications
- Applicant's affirmation of their GLBT identity.
- Applicant's demonstration of integrity and honesty.
- Applicant's participation and leadership in community activities.
- Applicant's service as role model, mentor, colleague or advisor for the GLBT community.
Applications will be considered complete when the following materials are received.
The items sent by you (Parts I, II, & III) must be postmarked by February 1st.
All other materials should arrive within one week of that deadline.
Materials sent by e-mail or fax will not be accepted.
- Completed Applicant Information (Part I)
- Completed Questionnaire (Part II)
- Names & Contact Information for your references (Part III)
- Two letters of recommendation (sent directly to Philanthrofund by the references listed in Part III)
- One of the following documents (official/sealed transcript sent directly to Philanthrofund by the school)
- For currently enrolled high school students: send an official copy
of your high school transcript
- For GED graduates: send a copy of your GED certificate
- For currently enrolled post-secondary students: send an official
copy of your most recent transcript
- For all others: send an official copy of the transcript from the
high school, post-secondary school, or training program you most recently
Send all application materials to:
|MN GLBT Scholarship Fund
| 1409 Willow St Suite 305
|Minneapolis, MN 55403-3251
Return to Mn GLBT Scholarship Fund home page
.......... Download the Application Blank
Last updated on Oct 22, 2002