Minneapolis DFL Party
Tim Bonham, Treasurer
4309 30th Ave So.
Minneapolis, MN 55406-3710
January 15, 2005
The Minneapolis DFL will be sending out 2 mailings this winter:
- to 2004 Delegates & Alternates (4,722 of them!) on Feb 1st, about Caucuses.
- to 2005 Delegates & Alternates (selected March 1st) about Ward & City Conventions.
In order to provide more information to our delegates, and to allow you an affordable way of reaching them, we will be including inserts in this mailing.
Procedures for this are as follows:
- Cost will be 10˘ per mailing. Must be paid by Feb 4th, before the mailing goes out. (We need money up front; the Post Office won’t do mail on credit!)
- 1st Mailing must go to the entire list; 2nd Mailing may choose specific Ward(s).
- This is only available to candidates seeking DFL party endorsement.
- Inserts will be in random order in the envelope (But see the last item below.)
- You must arrange for printing (and folding) of your lit piece at your expense. Specifications for the lit piece are:
- not larger than a standard letter page (8 ˝" wide x 11" high). Smaller is OK.
- must be folded in thirds, to fit in a normal #10 envelope.
- printed on normal weight paper (16#-24# bond). (A 1/3 sheet card-stock instead would be acceptable, if arranged beforehand. It must weigh the same as a normal sheet of bond paper.)
- you can choose any color of paper you wish.
- you can choose to print on either one or both sides of the paper.
- you can choose to print in as many colors of ink as you wish.
- You can choose to share or split your page with anyone you wish.
- you can choose whatever you wish to say, except that it must include the required legal disclaimer: "Prepared and paid for by the … committee".
- You must deliver enough pieces for the mailing to the stuffing location by the start time, or we will start stuffing without your piece. Any leftovers will be returned to you.
- You must provide 4-6 volunteers to help stuff this mailing on the specified evening (Monday, Feb 7th at CWA Hall, 3521 E Lake St) from 6pm until about 10pm. (Food will be provided.)
We need to know by Friday, January 28th if you want to participate in the 1st mailing. Contact me (info above) or Brian Melendez (BMelendez@faegre.com, phone 612-766-7309 (daytime)).